This Privacy Notice explains what information I collect and hold about you, how I use it, who can access it and your rights with regards to accessing your information.
Spiritus Massage Therapy is run by Steve Woodford and is the Data Controller whose head office is located at 21 Whitehall Close, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8AJ. Tel: 01206 803449 , email@example.com.
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) to process personal and special categories of information under the Data Protection Act and my registration number is ZA292071.
What information do I keep about you?
The information I hold about you includes:
· Basic details, such as your name(s), your address and contact details.
· Details of any health conditions, accidents and injuries relevant to your treatment
· Information about your lifestyle and your wellbeing
· Details of your treatment including any treatment plans or aftercare advice.
How do I collect information about you?
I collect information about you in a variety of ways including when you enquire about my services, complete a consultation form, when you call, write, e-mail, contact me via my website/ Social Media pages or attend for an appointment.
How do I use your information?
The information you supply is used to:
· Provide you with safe and effective treatment taking into account your needs
· Contact you regarding any changes to our services.
· Send you reminders of your appointments
· Send you any other relevant information about my services (unless you have opted out)
Your information is never sold on to any other third parties. Your information is not processed overseas.
Lawful basis for processing your information
As an accredited member of the Massage Training Institute (MTI) I abide by their code of ethics. The legal basis for processing your information is the ‘Performance of a contract’ and ‘Legitimate Interests’ which is to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice. As I process your health information the additional condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the MTI’s Code of Ethics.
How do I hold your information?
I hold information about you on paper and in electronic format.
Any information I hold about you is held securely and is only accessible to those who have a legitimate need to know.
How long do I keep your information?
I will be keep your information for as long as you are a client, and for a period not exceeding 7 years after this.
Who can see your information?
Your information is only accessible to those involved in your treatment. I will never share your information with any third parties unless you provide your express permission. There may, however, be very limited situations where I would have to share your information without your permission. Such situations would be for example if you were to disclose something during your consultation which puts you or others at serious risk of harm.
Data Protection laws gives individuals rights in respect of the personal information that I hold about you. These are:
1. To ask for access to your information. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request. Please put your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond to you with the information you have requested within 1 calendar month as is required under Data Protection Legislation. There is no charge for this service.
2. To ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please speak to me at you next appointment or contact me on if you think any of the information I hold about you is incorrect.
3. To ask for your information to be deleted or erased – if you think I have held onto it for longer than is necessary. Please note that for insurance purposes I keep your information on file for a period of 7 years.
Should you have any further queries on the uses of your information or you wish to lodge a complaint, please speak to me by calling 01206 803449 or email
If you are still unhappy with the outcome of your enquiry you can write to: The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF - Telephone: 01625 545700